It looks like 2023 could see some significant changes in Employment Law.
Areas where we expect to see developments include:
- Changes to the law around requests for flexible working
- New rights to types of leave, including
– a right to carer’s leave for employees who have a dependant with a long term care need
– a right to neonatal leave for parents whose babies spend time in neonatal care units
- Changes to the law on third party harassment (for example the treatment of your staff by visitors)
- Changes to the national living wage, statutory sick pay and redundancy payments
- New laws on “conversion therapy”
- Additional redundancy protections for those on maternity and similar leave
- Potential changes to the application of laws that emanated from the EU (such as working time and TUPE) as a result of Post Brexit Reform
- Changes to the law on calculating holiday for some part-time employees and workers
Stay informed of changes
Under our Premium Service, where changes in the law impact documents purchased from us (the Employment Pack, Worker Pack, Voluntary Worker Pack, and Volunteer Pack), we provide updated documents without any extra charge. In this way, you have peace of mind knowing that the documents you use are always legally compliant and up to date. The current cost of a year’s support under the Premium Service is £50 plus VAT (it will increase to £60 plus VAT from 1 May 2023). For more details, please contact us.
Whether or not you are signed up to the Premium Service, if you are subscribed to our newsletter, we will still keep you informed about important changes, and our team will be happy to assist you to engage with such changes cost-effectively. If you don’t think you’re on our subscription list but would like to receive our newsletter, you can subscribe here.