We can advise churches on the legal documentation involved in entering into a funding agreement or mortgage. We can also advise you on the requirements of the Charities Act which must be complied with before the trustees can proceed.

As lawyers we do not provide financial advice on the terms of the loan, and it may be necessary for the trustees to also seek help from a financial adviser.

Due to the solicitors’ conduct rules, the other party involved (e.g. a bank or other lender) will normally instruct their own solicitor to act for them. The other professionals involved may not be familiar with the Charities Act or the way in which a church functions. But we can work alongside them to ensure these requirements are met.

Please give us a call if you want to talk through your requirements and find out how we might be able to help you.

call us email us

Back to Other land & buildings

Articles & Resources on Funding agreements and mortgages